iplounge.net Forum Index iplounge.net
NFS PU & HS Online Racing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need For Speed 4 : Stock & Expansion pack 4.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Need For Speed 4 : Stock & Expansion pack 4.0 Reply with quote

Here you can get the actual Stock / Expansion Pack 4.0 for NFS HS :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mdyoc5a7ifk7ohk/Nw8C_6yqUw

http://www.filefactory.com/f/3d3daf3adb391b66/

http://depositfiles.com/folders/1YTP9BOZ2

http://www.freak-ds.de/dl-tools.php

List of changes since installer 1.65 :
4.0 Build 1.75
- New 3DSetup now replaces advgrph.mnu & graphics.mnu in Glide mode with modified ones, that no screensize and tripple buffer can be changed. Changing theese lets HS crash.
- nGlide is the default Glide wrapper now.
- Updated NFS HS Mixer to version 1.2. Bugfix for Windows 8.1.
4.0 Build 1.74
- nGlide updated to version 1.02.
4.0 Build 1.73
- Updated IPLounge to 5.41.
- Windows 8 detection
- nGlide updated to version 1.01.
4.0 Build 1.72
- Newer Windows versions then 7 will be handled as 7.
- nGlide updated to version 0.99.
4.0 Build 1.71
- Updated IPLounge to 4.11.
- Check for administrative rights added.
4.0 Build 1.70
- Updated IPLounge to 4.10
- Updated the unrar.dll to version 4.0.
- Added new Mixer with a small update to the error handling function.
4.0 Build 1.69
- Glide Wrappers are now in thier own section group.
- 'Hot Pursuit cars add on' integrated.
- uninstall for old IPLounge 2.
4.0 Build 1.68
- New IPLounge 4.08.
- New cleanup function for Glide Wrappers.
- Added nGlide 0.95.
- New 3DSetup with support for nGlide.
4.0 Build 1.67
- First IPLounge 4 version integrated.
- New version with fixed rearview mirror of these tracks : Autobahn 3, Cliffside Rally 3, Durham City 3.
- Uninstall the not longer needed WinPCap drivers.
3.0 Build 1.66
- New versions with shadows of theese track : Acapulco 3, Alpine Roads Supreme 3, Autobahn 3, Autumn Valley 3, Bergstrasse 3, Egyptian Rally 3, North Country 3, Outback 3, Pacific Spirit 3.1, Thunder Mountain 3, Vertigo Ridge 3.
- New Mixer version, see History file for details.
- Clean up section for old EP cars & tracks.
- Uninstaller now can remove tracks & cars.
- Updated New3DSetup. It now searches for glide2x.dll in HS, Windows, Windows\System & Windows\SysWOW64 directory.
- Removed the old, not working EA update function when starting with -patchrestart (Vista & Win7, thanks to Ben !)

Here is the List of features.

Stock Pack features :
- IP Lounge 5 for online play
- EA's 4.50 patch
- NoCD & NoCollision (switchable) patches
- EP & Highpoly menu patch
- Mercury / 1MByte Error patch
- Can unlock all cars & tracks
- New improved 3D-Setup
- Faster cop cars
- Glide Wrappers to emulate Voodoo cards
- Vista, Win7 Tweaks
- NFS HS Starter
- Set NTFS rights
- Multicore patch
- Firewall entry
- ReEnable movies (no intro movies on Win7, Vista)

additional features of the Expansion Pack :
- NFS HS Mixer : track & car manager for NFS4

- 22 add on tracks (EP3 versions): Acapulco (Last Resort), Alpine Roads Supreme, Angel Lake, Autobahn, Autumn Valley, Bergstrasse, Burgstrasse, Cliffside Rally, Congo, Durham City, Egypt, Lost Vegas, Mediterraneo, Monolithic Studios, Mystic Peaks, North Country, Norwegen, Outback, Pacific Spirit, Proving Grounds, Thunder Mountain, Vertigo Ridge

- 51 add on cars : 1963 Thunder Bird, 1967 Camaro SS, 1970 Dodge Challenger RT Conv, 57 Bada TBird, 57 Bel Air, 64 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Cobra Jet, 69 Dodge Charger, 73 TransAm, Aston Martin DB7, Aston Martin Vanquish, BMW M Coupe, BMW M Roadster, BMW Z4, Bugatti 164 Veyron, Caterham Super 7 Superlight R500, Dauer 962 Le Mans, Dodge Viper GTSR Concept, Ferrari 360 Modena, Ferrari 512 TR, Ferrari F40, Ford GT90, Ford XR8, Gulf Porsche 917K, HSV SV99, Jaguar XJR15, Jordan 199Frentzen, Koenig C62, Koenig Mercedes Benz 600S, Lamborghini Murcielago, Lista Ferrari 333sp, Lister Storm, Lotus 49, Lotus Super 7 S3, Mazda RX8, McLaren MP414, Mercedes AMG CLK55 cabrio, Mercedes AMG E55, MHRT Commodore, Mini Cooper ST, Nissan Skyline GTR Vspec, Opel Speedster, Pagani Zonda C12, Porsche 911 GT1, Porsche 968 Turbo RS, Porsche 996 GT3, Porsche Boxster S, Pursuit HSV, Subaru Impreza WRC2001, Toyota Gt 1, Vector W8 Twin Turbo

- 6 add on fun cars : Croft Raider IV, Dodge TRex Sorta, F16 Fighting Falcon, Ferrari 550 Maranello GTO, RMS Titanic, Snowman

I've done a lot of testing on XP 32 Bit & Win7 64 Bit. I hope they are working good on your installation, too.

Get Stock & Expansion Pack from My NFS HS files on Dropbox or Filefactory

Last edited by JimDiabolo on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:31 am; edited 14 times in total
[RS]JMac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Jim - the bad news is 4.08 will be upgraded with new registration very soon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new IPLounge is no problem, can be included fast. I hope the Packs are working good, but maybe there is still something to fix. Let's wait what feedback we get. Very Happy

Creamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, I suggest building in a routine that checks if IPL4 is installed, and if it is not, download the latest version and automate the install from that. For one thing, I suspect the vast majority of downloaders will already be running the latest IPL, and not including the files in the SP and EP would be a bit of savings in time and bandwidth.

Just a thought.

Oh, and an afterthought - most people stash their installer in case of the need to reinstall. Having an IPL version in the SP/EP installer means they could install the wrong version after a system rebuild.
JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SP/EP setups are looking for the uninstall registry keys of IPLounge 4. Only if they are not present, the checkbox for the IPLounge 4 is on by default.
Unfortunately I didn't find a way to get the number of the installed version. I think it would be better if IPLounge itself would make an update if needed.
Currently the SP/EP packs are offline installer, I don't think of changing them in online installer.

[RS]JMac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can we make them smaller, removing ipl for one.

My thoughts are make it smaller and I'll put them on iplounge.net for d/l, atm they are just too big.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as filehosting, we have no problem maintaining the files on hsscoring.com, as we have been. All you need do is link to the files from the iplounge download page to download from the http://hsscoring.com/download folder.

John, might it be possible to set up a backdoor link directly to the IPL4 installer executable in order to have the SP and EP installers just pull and run the file directly as part of an automated install process? The extract and run process might be difficult to automate, but if Jim could just point to a file that will always be the latest installer, then it could save on the size and ensure latest version always without having to update SP or EP files on every IPL update.
JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RS]JMac wrote:
How can we make them smaller, removing ipl for one.

My thoughts are make it smaller and I'll put them on iplounge.net for d/l, atm they are just too big.

I still hope poeple who uses SP/EP to get HS running are trying out the online play with IPLounge. I think if it's not included, less will know it's still possible to play HS over internet.

The SP could be much smaller if the "allcars" folder wasn't included in IPLounge setup. It has a size of 8 MB of my 15 MB IPLounge dir. Do you need it for PU or what is the purpose of it ?

Creamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, it seems like you are not understanding my suggestion. The EP and SP installers should still include IPLounge 4 in the option selection list, just that when selected, the installer will do an automated download/install process to install IPL4. In that way, no matter how many times IPL has changed since EP4 is released, the most current version gets installed.

In addition, if John is going to set up a link to the EP and SP downloads, the filenames must remain consistent. I have uploaded the file you linked to above to http://hsscoring.com/download/NFS_HS_EP4_Installer.exe I would propose that John can link to this file, and if you release any updates, I will replace this file with those as they come, but will maintain that filename so that John's link can remain intact. Further I hope to replace the SP file with whatever the latest version of that is, and John may also link to that file on his download page.

I hope this makes some sense to you, that we can divorce EP file updates from IPL updates by linking the install to a setup exe John can post and keep updated as a defined link. Do you think this could work?
JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm often in a place with a slow internet connection. Crying or Very sad That's why I don't like the idea of turning SP/EP into a online installer. Even if it's just for the IPLounge. Testing those packs would take very much time for me. But if someone else wants I would upload whole 344 MB source files, that he can start at the actual point. Wink

Creamer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not suggest any online install for anything except the IPL install, and that only for the reasons I detailed. IPL is an evolving program that is subject to change at any time, and will probably continue to change into the future. On the other hand, once EP4 is well tested and is "settled" so to speak, there should be no need to update the installer except upon release of a newer IPL version. Making the IPL part as an online install would make it so you would not need to update the IPL4 installer file every time John makes changes to IPL. It seems to me that because of the way it changes so often, I would prefer to see the install be from an updated online source, or not include it in the files at all.

Something else I noticed as well. If you need to update the EP4 installer each time a new IPL is released, AND you are naming the EP installer files with the version in the name, then you are breaking the link each time you update the file, and a new link must be located by the finder. Another advantage to not updating the EP file for each IPL release means that the links will stay intact, and anyone who finds it will get what they want on the first try. Just my thoughts, Jim. Take it or leave it, but I will try to keep the file I have posted to hsscoring.com/download up to date with the latest version(s) you may release.

Thanks for all of your hard work on all of this. You have been absolutely essential to making HS on IPL and the EPs reality. I never forget that, bud, no matter what else I may say.
JimDiabolo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always appreciate suggestions. But don't be to disappointed when I don't implement them. Wink Ben can tell much about that, he came with lot's suggestions. Some where very good, but for some I told him "never ever".

For the permanent links I suggest moving the SP/EP into zip files. The archives could always have the same name, while the setup can have the new ones.

Creamer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way Jim, soon after I uploaded the file to http://hsscoring.com/download/NFS_HS_EP4_Installer.exe and posted the link above, I ran the install directly from it, using Run instead of Save, and it worked beautifully (tho I had to mix tracks back to Original when prompted hehe), and it only took my system about 7 min to download. This speaks well of my internet and wireless connections, no doubt, but it also speaks well for the server we are hosting the file on. On the same PC, I only got an 87kb transfer rate downloading FlightSim demo from Microsoft's site.

So at least we have a good file portal.

Last edited by Creamer on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
EAOWadsy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the new Expansion Pack. It is simply great, with a lovely upgrade to shadows and textures. Its great having more graphic options, the return of the hot cops patch and more.

My only flaw with it is the scrapping of the ambient sound effects for most tracks. Id rather sound glitches than none at all.
useretail

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimD
You have to include all PU cars and patches and make one unfied pack with latest IPLv4! btw thanks for HotCops!

⇦ From Hometown to Raceway 3 ⇨
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iplounge.net Forum Index -> IPL HS Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: