iplounge.net Forum Index iplounge.net
NFS PU & HS Online Racing Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you like car control after finish?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like car control after the finish line?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

Tuurngait

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to raise the car limit in the exe (if it's even possible). There are only garages that raise the car limit up to 91 cars, but for a proper singleplayer experience it's not possible.
[RS]nJL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F A N T A S T I C ! ! !

I fully agree with the decision to leave the enhanced exe as it is, and just port the useful modifications to the original nocd exe.
I also agree that only the headlights/dashhud bug fix is worth to be ported.

I'm testing the new exe with the new SDB and found no problems by now.

Tuurngait wrote:
Only the 84-car limit would remain an exclusive benefit of the enhanced exe, but I think the standard exe will also handle all cars of career modes

I think so, too.
I'm running the career to check this out.
ATM I collected 52 cars, and I'm at the beginning of the modern era.

If I understood the point, you can collect all the 83 cars and have no room left to continue buying/selling used cars.
The 84-car limit of the enhanced edition is not that useful because all it gives you is just an extra place, so that you can keep making money by selling and buying cars.

To have more than 84 cars, the only trick seems to be the use of clean garages, which I think have been created with external profile editors.

Thanks Martin, now that annoying headlights bug fix has finally gone Very Happy
rcgldr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiteAngel wrote:
In the enhanced version, the rooftop view is the same as the dashboard view, with the only exception that you don't see the interior of the car. So, you can listen to sounds when you change gears as in the dashboard view, and you are closer to the road as in the dashboard view.
This is the equivalent of "hood" view in many other racing games. It's a popular view mode, so it makes sense to have it as an option.

Quote:
car control after finish
I consider this mostly for single player mode. It allows for a more realistic finish and make the replays look nicer. In racing games with pits, the player continues driving back to the pit after completing a race, so it's not a unique concept.

Is players driving backwards after completing a race really an issue anymore with the current community?

Most racing game players never race online. The members of iplounge would be an exception to this, but I'm wondering how many offline only players use iplounge as a source for getting patches and/or updates for PU and HS?
[RS]Sjak
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rcgldr wrote:
Most racing game players never race online. The members of iplounge would be an exception to this, but I'm wondering how many offline only players use iplounge as a source for getting patches and/or updates for PU and HS?

I never understood the fun in racing alone.
Racing with others, knowing that the guy in front of me i try to overtake is yanking as desperatly in his wheel as i am. Very Happy Gives me a feeling of having fun together.

As for ppl using ipl for patches and updates,,,the more the better hehe, always a chance some will stay Wink
rcgldr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RS]Sjak wrote:
As for ppl using ipl for patches and updates,,,the more the better
iplounge is one of the few websites that has support for HS and PU to run on newer versions of windows.

[RS]Sjak wrote:
I never understood the fun in racing alone.
In the case of most racing games, the top 10% of the players dominate the game, and the majority of players are not competitive, so even if they do go online, most of them will quit playing online instead spending the time it takes to become competitive, and some players simply don't have the skill set for playing some types of racing games.

NFS World was designed to reduce the skill factor and increase the luck factor in winning races, such as traffic, catch up mode for players in 3rd place or lower, which made it popular for quite a while. In the case of Nascar Racing Season 2003, a simulation oriented game, there were assists that practically drove the car for the player, and the most popular online events were oval events with all assists enabled, where most players had some chance of a podium finish or an occasional win, due to the assists, drafting, and luck .

In the case of Grand Prix Legends, one of the more difficult simulation oriented racing games, instead of online racing, most players did solo runs at all of the tracks, working on their lap times and submitting them to GPL Rank. The goal for most was to achieve lap times below a set of reference lap times set in the example replays that came with the game. Another goal was to get a sub 500 second lap time at Nordschleife, sort a game within a game (8 minute 20 second lap).

iRacing is a somewhat expensive online only racing game, a combination of monthly subscription and purchased content, a marketing tactic to extract more money from it's players (victims). The players are ranked and separated into classes based on skill level (based on race results), so players end up in a class where they are reasonably competitive.
[XR]Dma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it car partitially controling after finish like HP2 impossible to add, Martin?
I have stopped online racing but still sometime i am playing quick races.
This like HP2 addon will be perfect, also with bigger than 5secs timeout after crossing the line. I dont believe that it is impossible to add.

Regards,
Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iplounge.net Forum Index -> IPL PU Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: